Welcome to the Northchurch & Berkhamsted U3A website.
The Northchurch & Berkhamsted U3A offers an ideal opportunity for retired or semi-retired people to take part in various group activities, as well as the chance to enjoy regular outings to places of interest.
It’s also an excellent way of learning new skills and making new friends. Our membership is diverse and we’re a friendly bunch who always look forward to meeting newcomers.
We welcome new members and invite you to join us at our monthly meetings, which are held at the Northchurch Social Centre, Bell Lane, Northchurch, HP4 3RD.
Meetings, which include a visiting speaker and refreshments, are held on the first or second Tuesday of the month from 10am to 12 noon.
What has Northchurch and Berkhamsted U3A given to me? Friends and the opportunity to do things I never imagined I would or could.
2020 Meetings and Speakers
- 14 January 2020: For Valour – David Callaghan
- 11 February 2020: Elstree: Britain’s Hollywood – Rob Redman
- 10 March 2020: How to Control Your Wife: Women and Victorian Marriage – Jennifer Kelsey
- 7 April 2020: Victoria and George V – Stephen Lester
- 5 May 2020: Life in The Tower of London – Mike Casson
- 2 June 2020: Help for Heroes – Jennifer Nicholls
- 14 July 2020: Behind Closed Doors – Pauline Martindale
- 8 September: The History of Pinewood Studios – Mike Payne
- 6 October: Aerial Thrills and Spills at Northolt Airport – Colin Richards
- 3 November: The Ukulele Sensation
- 1 December: Christmas Quiz
- 17 February 2020 – Neasden Temple
- 24 March 2020 – Bletchley Park
- 23 April 2020 – Chichester including short stop at Guildford Cathedral
Below are some examples of our groups:
- Social History
- Knit ‘n Natter
- Book Club
- Quiz Group
- Using an iPad
- Just Sew (craft group)
- Royal Flush, Canasta or Rummikub card groups
- Art Appreciation
- Scrabble [4 groups]
- Beginners Genealogy
- Social & Games
- Health & Wellbeing
Being a member of Northchurch and Berkhamsted U3A for the past five years has made a big difference to my life in that it has given me the opportunity to make new friends with similar interests. I particularly enjoy playing Scrabble and cards. The monthly talks are interesting and varied and can be quite inspirational too. We have been on some excellent day trips and often have an official guide on these outings which means we get the most from our visits. If you are at all hesitant about whether to join us, just come along to a meeting and see what a friendly group of people we are.
If you are interested in joining Northchurch & Berkhamsted U3A or have any questions you would like answered, please don’t hesitate to get in touch either by using the form below or sending an email to the secretary.