Welcome to the Northchurch & Berkhamsted U3A website.
The Northchurch & Berkhamsted U3A offers an ideal opportunity for retired or semi-retired people to take part in various group activities, as well as the chance to enjoy regular outings to places of interest.
It’s also an excellent way of learning new skills and making new friends. Our membership is diverse and we’re a friendly bunch who always look forward to meeting newcomers.
We welcome new members and invite you to join us at our monthly meetings, which are held at the Northchurch Social Centre, Bell Lane, Northchurch, HP4 3RD.
Meetings, which include a visiting speaker and refreshments, are held on the first or second Tuesday of the month from 10am to 12 noon.
Next meeting 10.00am Tuesday 12 March – Poisons for Medicine- Graham Harrison at Northchurch Social Centre. Everyone Welcome.
Reminder to book for u3a Summer Residential Course.
Old Time Music Hall – Tuesday 5 March – £39.00 – few tickets available. Coach promtly leaves Rose & Crown, Tring at 9.35am, the Old Grey Mare at 9.50am, Kitsbury Road at 9.55am and Swing Gate Lane at 10.00am. Estimated time of arrival home 5/5.30pm.
Kings Cross Trip – Thursday 4 April – £33.00 – sign up for this trip at next meeting. Coach promptly leaves Rose & Crown, Tring at 8.20am, the Old Grey Mare at 8.30am, Kitsbury Road at 8.35am and wing Gate Lane 8.45am. Estimated time of arrival home 6.30am. There will be more walking on this trip.
PLEASE MAKE THE MOST OF THESE TRIPS, COACH COSTS WILL RISE BY £100 DUE TO ULTRA LOW EMMISSION ZONE CHARGE
What has Northchurch and Berkhamsted U3A given to me? Friends and the opportunity to do things I never imagined I would or could.
2019 – 2020 Meetings and Speakers
- 15 January 2019: Dabs & DNA Detect Criminals – Chris Trunan
- 12 February 2019: Diamond Mines to Mistress – Louise Prior
- 12 March 2019: Poisons for Medicine – Graham Harrison
- 9 April 2019: Delhi Durbar Crown – David Callaghan
- 7 May 2019: The History of Royal Flying – Graham Laurie
- 4 June 2019: The Vanishing Maidservant – Ian Keable
- 2 July 2019: 40 Years Catching Smugglers – Malcolm Nelson
- August – No Meeting – Summer Holidays
- 10 September 2019: When Birds Sing – Saffron Summerfield
- 8 October 2019: Victorian Baby Farming – Eve Bacon
- 5 November 2019: Cyber Crime – Phillipa Phipps
- 3 December 2019: Christmas Quiz
- 14 January 2020: Victoria Cross
- 11 February 2020: Elstree: Britain’s Hollywood – Bob Redman
- 10 March 2020: How to Control Your Wife: Women and Victorian Marriage – Jennifer Kelsey
- 7 April 2020: Victoria to George V – Stephen Lester
- 7 February 2019: Jewish London
- 5 March 2019:Old Time Musical
- 4 April 2019: Kings Cross
Being a member of Northchurch and Berkhamsted U3A for the past five years has made a big difference to my life in that it has given me the opportunity to make new friends with similar interests. I particularly enjoy playing Scrabble and cards. The monthly talks are interesting and varied and can be quite inspirational too. We have been on some excellent day trips and often have an official guide on these outings which means we get the most from our visits. If you are at all hesitant about whether to join us, just come along to a meeting and see what a friendly group of people we are.